Wednesday 12 December 2012

Yoanne Lemoine

After looking at the work of Wim Wenders and forming my second proposal for this unit, I came across the work of Yoanne Lemoine in more detail, and it has inspired me to create certain types of shot for my proposal. Lemoine's work is similar to the work of Wim Wenders, but instead of showing pro-American instincts, he has formed photographs throughout his career which concentrate on neither place nor time, just the subject matter itself. 


...apart from this photography! Showing the pro-American culture in the background with the flag, Yoanne Lemoine has captured the exact type of photograph that I want to produce regarding my second proposal. The mismatch of props looks like they are old, especially the dead flowers in the background to represent that. Using things that I find at my Grandma's house, although not lived in for 4 years, may create a striking set of images that shows the different between modern and dated culture.


This photograph shows the typical American diner set up, and is instantly recognisable by anyone who knows anything about the American lifestyle and culture. The shot has been set out in the same 6x7 format as Wim Wenders used, and that I intend to use also. I love the concept of this shot, and I think I could relate the cafe set up in my photographs, using two photographs to draw a contrast between modern cafes and traditional, dated cafes.


When relating back to the proposal I have produced, where I want to photograph my Grandma's house, I have taken inspiration from this image for the used composition and setting. Using the kitchen as a setting, I can get some really interesting pairings of shots to show the differences between traditional homes, and modern homes. My Grandma's sink area looks old and tired, whereas my sink area at home looks clean, fresh and modern. Using different areas of both house to create a contrast that the viewer recognises may be something to think about when taking my photographs this week.


The crop in this photograph is just amazing! I love the way the window frame acts as a picture frame for the image inside; being the items on display.


Going back to the interior shots for my second proposal, using this composition of the wide angle may be interesting to draw larger comparisons when looking at modern and old.

No comments:

Post a Comment