Tuesday 25 December 2012

Irina Werning - Back to the Future

For my set of photographs, I want to recreate the interior design in the style of Wim Wenders, as shown in some of his photographs. All the interiors were modern at the time, and some still remain in people's houses and dated cafes and shops. I want to place this in contrast with modern houses, but recreating the same scene in the modern day.

"I love old photos. I admit being a nosey photographer. As soon as I step into someone else’s house, I start sniffing for them. Most of us are fascinated by their retro look but to me, it’s imagining how people would feel and look like if they were to reenact them today… Two years ago, I decided to actually do this. So, with my camera, I started inviting people to go back to their future.."
http://irinawerning.com/back-to-the-fut/back-to-the-future/

Irina Werning did a set of photographs, where she recreated old images in the modern day, from when she was child. Werning has taken old family snaps and recreated them in the modern day, still keeping things the same such as clothing, location and pose. These images are inspiring and have definitely made me think deeper into how I am going to present my photographs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment