Thursday 27 December 2012

#3

f3.5, 1/100, ISO 1000

After taking this photograph at my Grandma's house, I realised that there was a yellow bleach bottle in shot, which I should have moved. For lack of time over Christmas, and the house being under offer for sale, I decided to test my Photoshop techniques and edit the bottle out. I think this was very effective, as it tested my skills and also made me learn more about the healing brush and replacing the outside details over the bottle. This took me about an hour to complete, along with editing out the light that was in the right top corner. If I have time before the house sells, I will be going back to photograph this room again, without the bottle!

f8.0, 1/25, ISO 640

I took this photograph for my modern contrast set, in contrast with the photograph on my Grandma's wall that shows a dated wooden chest of draws and a painting from the 1920's. I think this contrasted quite nicely, as the photographs are of a landscape similar to the painting my Grandma possessed, and the iMac throws in the modern feel. I used an 18mm focal point in this photograph, and because the room is so thin, I could not get the whole wall in. Therefore, before the deadline, I will be using this location again but using different compositions to make the intention more obvious to the viewer. Hopefully, fingers crossed, I will be able to use a focal point like 10mm or move the desk to make way for one of the photographs to be directly above the iMac itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment