Saturday 5 January 2013

#6

I paid a visit to my Grandma's house again today, to take some more photographs that I could combine together in a set to emulate Wim Wenders work. I noticed my Grandma's old clock on the wall, that she has had for many years, and saw the vintage clock against the old floral wallpaper created a nice visual effect.

f/5.0, 1/13, ISO 800

I took this photograph using my 18-55mm lens with a focal point of 39mm, and then cropped it in Photoshop to a 7x6 format, in the style of Wim Wenders. I think the vintage clock and wallpaper compliment each other visually, and emulate Wenders work perfectly.


f/5.6, 1/100, ISO 2500

I placed the dated image of the vintage clock against this modern interior design. My partner has just updated the decor of his room, so I decided to take photographs of his room for some of my images in contrast. To contrast against the above image, I took this photograph, as the striped black and white border and modern, square clock is something people recognise from today. I placed this in Photoshop too, and cropped it in the 6x7 format. I then turned down the saturation to about -40%, to exaggerate the black and white of the shot. I then also placed the center of both clocks on the same level, to make the continuity appear more evident. I had to use a high ISO on this image to obtain a faster shutter speed, because I had to hold my camera in the air and use the swivel screen on my camera to achieve the face on view that this photograph shows.



No comments:

Post a Comment