Thursday 3 January 2013

#4

To photograph the contrasting photograph against the shot of my Grandma's bathroom, in the style of Wim Wenders, I decided I needed to hunt down a modern bathroom. My own bathroom and bathrooms of friends and family were relatively old, and had not been replaced in the last 8 years or so. Therefore, I needed to think outside the box.

Photograph from my Grandma's house

Photograph from modern bathroom
This is the photograph that I captured. I visited my local B&Q to look at their showrooms, and found this modern bathroom which had the same fixtures; bath, toilet, sink and towel rail. I had to do a lot of post production on this photograph (see below).

Original Image
This was the raw image that I took from my camera, of the bathroom before post production. The walls were covered with price lists and offers, so I had to pull the image into Photoshop, and use the healing brush to edit these out. I also used the content aware tool for the first time, which made some of the editing easier. 


f8.0, 1/25, ISO 1000

This was the image after I edited all the price lists out. I thought that the colour didn't really match the contrasting image, and they looked a world apart. Therefore, I changed the colour balance to make the image have more of a green and blue colour. This complimented the set, and therefore, I can do this with my other 4 sets of photographs, to make them compliment each other and the other photographs in the set.

Photographs I did not use

f4.5, 1/60, ISO 800

I took this photograph when I visited my Grandma's house at night, so the natural lighting from the window did not cast the shadows that I did on the photograph I have used. I like the composition of the image, but I do not like the harshness of the light on the ceiling.

f4.5, 1/25, ISO 160

For the modern contrast of the set, I took this photograph at my Grandma and Grandad's house in Tottington. When I took the photograph inside B&Q, I was constrained to taking the photograph in the composition I captured, as there was only two walls that surrounded the showroom. Therefore, I decided to visit my Grandma and Grandad's house, where I hoped I could take a photograph of their bathroom. However, I struggled. My lens was not wide enough, even on 18mm, so I could not capture the entire bathroom without cropping the frame a lot. Therefore, I am using the photograph of the bathroom from B&Q's showroom instead of this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment