Tuesday 18 December 2012

My Grandma's House #2

I paid a visit to my Grandma's house again this afternoon to retake some photographs I didn't feel worked as well, and to spend some more time there to capture the true beauty of the place.

f/3.5, 1/80, ISO 1000

I decided not to add the layer of film grain and scratching effect onto this set of photographs, some of the shots looked naturally film like. The only editing techniques I did to all of these photographs was edited them into the 6x7 format, changed the contrast slightly and made some of the photographs, such as the one above and below, less saturated!

f/3.5, 1/60, ISO 400

This is my favourite photograph from the set (above), as I really like the focus of it, and the colours that are involved. I had to use my Canon 430EXii flashgun for this shot, as the natural light was being blocked by the wardrobe door, however, I think it gives it a good feel, making the hat stand out more against the background.

f/3.5, 1/100, ISO 1000

I realised the error of my ways after I left the location and looked at this shot, as the bottle of bleach looks so ridiculous in the vintage decor. I plan now to use the healing brush on replace mode in Photohop CS5 to get rid of the bleach bottle, this will inevitably test my Photoshop skills! If this does not work, however, I will return to the location once more and this time, move the bottle!

f/4.0, 1/40. ISO 1000

Vinyl records are my favourite thing that my Grandma owned, so I decided to take a fairly close up photograph of a stack I found in her bedroom. I plan to pair this up with a modern photograph of a stack of CD's, as that is the modern day equivalent to vinyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment