Thursday 13 December 2012

My Grandma's House #1

My Grandma died in 2009 and ever since then, this house has been left untouched. The vintage and old decor still remain, and everything is still pretty much untouched since we removed all the clothes 12 months ago. I love the atmosphere inside her, so quiet and still. These are for the idea for the second proposal, as the first proposal idea did not work. I am continuing with both ideas, practicing and experimenting, so I can decide which works better overall!

f/3.5, 1/25, ISO 1000

f/5.6, 1/10, ISO 1000

f/4.5, 1/13, ISO 1000

f/5.0, 1/6, ISO 1000

f/3.5, 1/25, ISO 1000
Overall, I think that this idea works better than my initial proposal, as using old interiors and comparing them with new ones will be visually pleasing and interesting. I plan now to take photographs of different old locations, such as cafes, other peoples houses and maybe churches, and compare them with much more modern structures, but replicate the same composition. For example with image #3, I plan to pair this image with a photographs of some modern toys that my little sister owns my our home, using the same compositional techniques.


Film Scratches courtesy of cinegrain.com on Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment